The SSRS Developer position requires the ability to read and write complex queries, ability to create database objects and modify existing reporting content. To perform this job successfully, an individual would need to be able to understand complex business processes, gather requirements, perform effective data analysis, work efficiently, and verify their results. This position will support initiatives related to the development, delivery, enhancement, and support of internally used business systems. This individual will also help establish and drive best practices.
What does a great SSRS Developer do?
- Develop new SQL reports using SSRS and SSAS
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues related to existing reporting
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements
- Assist with creating reporting models, architectures, frameworks, and strategies based on business requirements
- Develop technical solutions to support and streamline data reporting requests
- Contribute to the development lifecycle including gathering and understanding of requirements, databases, and report development using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development tools
- Work with functional teams to identify reporting needs and solutions
- Work with other teams to understand business rules and interpret data
- Assess the impact of database changes on system performance by effectively working with software teams
- Lead and perform off-hours support as needed
- Degree (ideally in Business or Computer Science)
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 and above with a background in database administration
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Report Builder and Microsoft Power BI background a plus
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on creating link reports using Excel
- 5+ years’ experience in development, deployment, and administration of SSRS reports and reports server
- Strong SQL query capabilities
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology, and architecture
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience conducting business/systems analysis and design efforts
- Experience with Organizational Change Management
- Familiarity with areas of business, transaction processing, and/or recruitment advertising
- Quick learner, able to work independently with limited supervision
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Committed and selfless team member, willing to pitch in and help in other areas when needed
- Works effectively under pressure
- Customer service oriented. Helps to bridge internal customer needs with business considerations of the Technology group
- Able to organize oneself and others
- Flexible to shifting priorities.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
Radancy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We actively work to create an inclusive environment where all of our employees can thrive.