Working within the Corporate IT Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Analyst will assist in the design and operational support of Radancy’s global infrastructure. This role will be responsible for the performance, operations, and maintenance of our global business applications and satisfy business requirements for high availability and performance. Communications skills are critical.
What does a great IT Engineer do?
- Support and monitor the Radancy corporate network and enterprise systems across all US and international offices and cloud infrastructure: Windows file & print servers, Active Directory/DNS, Citrix, VMWare, Office 365, Microsoft Azure and AWS,
- Supporting our IT operations – System monitoring, anti-virus and anti-malware, backup technologies.
- Participate in various roles in a wide range of Infrastructure projects
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure Radancy needs are promptly met
- Provide escalation level support to Service desk team for client-server issues
- Help the team develop server standards and configurations.
- Coordinate with our managed datacenter provider on various requests.
- Create and maintain technical and detailed design documentation for all servers.
- Participate in our Disaster Recovery, change control, and security standards initiatives.
- Four year degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related area.
- Experience as a full-time in-house resource within a Corporate IT department strongly preferred. Must show technical proficiency in a wide range of infrastructure technologies.
- Experience supporting all aspects of a server infrastructure running Windows servers and associated services such as Active Directory, DNS, DFS/DFS-R.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking, IP addressing, VPN, and routing.
- Experience building and maintaining Windows 2012/2016/2019 servers. Linux experience a plus.
- Familiarity with applications like Microsoft System Center, McAfee, Office 365.
- Experience with desktop design and Windows 10 image deployments, software deployment, and patch management.
- Experience with storage and data protection technologies – NAS/SAN, Veeam,
- Backup Exec.
- Must be able to adapt to changing business requirements.
- Ability to work occasional flexible or late hours to meet client/customer needs or strict deadlines
- Ability to take complete ownership of a problem or task.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate closely and cross-train with colleagues and management
- Must demonstrate superior customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We actively work to create an inclusive environment where all of our employees can thrive.