Manager, Media Trading
The Manager of Media Trading will be responsible for the strategic direction and deployment of Radancy's media capabilities. This leader will direct media across all inventory types to achieve client and business objectives, in close partnership with Radancy's product team on the strategy and growth of our proprietary technology.
With your expert knowledge of the tech landscape and the evolution of programmatic buying you will keep internal leadership, media and ad teams educated on emerging technologies, and ensure that Radancy's solution differentiates itself in an evolving competitive landscape. You are a creative thinker with an executive presence; who has the ability to engage and influence leadership across the organization with respect to media technology and operations while developing the in-house programmatic team.
Why Join Us?
- Truly high-performing teams are hard to come by; joining us gives you an opportunity to collaborate with, learn from, and grow together with a diverse group of high achievers who listen to your ideas and support you along the way.
- An entrepreneurial path of progression. Hard work is recognized and individuality is embraced. Your path of progression will be designed to suit you.
About this Job:
- Drive the proactive deployment of RTB buying strategies, optimize algorithms, and further data visualization.
- Develop best practices for the Radancy's Programmatic Platform, and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through the platform’s functionality.
- Coach and proactively ensure that the media teams are educated on new and innovative strategies and inspire teams to raise the bar strategically, creatively and operationally
- Develop and maintain quality control procedures for Radancy campaign implementations, management and optimization
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence documentation. Share that information for product marketing and team training purposes
- Understand and effectively communicate Radancy value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to growth of current client accounts
- Own the optimization and management across PPC channels: Google Adwords, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter to scale and achieve/exceed KPI targets for clients.
- Manage and own relationships with vendors and third party services.
- Help build the Client Services practice, including developing training material, customer facing assets, and internal resources for trading, managing, and optimizing media through our platform
- Work closely with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to help define features and enhancements to improve the platform
- Analyze data to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will accelerate performance.
- Monitor and analyze channel performance and maintain reporting on campaign performance, ROI, CPA, and other channel metrics across the business
- Present data on monthly and quarterly calls to leadership teams, reviewing business KPIs, metrics and related optimizations.
- Develop and run experimentations to improve the programmatic business offering and help surface new development opportunities in collaboration with the Product teams
- Facilitate pricing discussions with Department heads to ensure pricing levels are maintained for cost effectiveness and profitability
- Interface with sales and media teams to respond to RFPs, build strategic campaign plans, communicate service offerings, and identify and deliver new solutions in a collaborative fashion
- Participate in forecasting exercises for senior management
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Communicate regularly on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, performance reporting, and competitive intelligence analysis with account service teams.
- Deliver regular sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance
- Participate in and facilitate recommendations on potential technology partners (including data, viewability, ad fraud, brand safety, cross-device) with key stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Partnerships Team develop, own and execute revenue driving strategic initiatives with key new and existing global partners that drive value for our markets and our clients
Requirements for consideration:
- 7+ years in programmatic media buying with a record of increasing responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience managing 3+ team members
- Experience managing large monthly budgets (over $1M/mo).
- Solid experience in trafficking and optimizing LTV, CPA, CPC direct marketing (PPC) campaigns preferably in an RTB environment
- Experience in working with ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms
- Proven track record of growing accounts by forging a strong relationship with clients and/or client teams, understanding their objectives and recommending best strategies
- Platforms & Certifications:
- Strong preference given to candidates with (1+) of the following certifications:
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Google Search Ads 360 Certification
- Google Display & Video 360 Certification
- Experience with Search Ads 360, Display, Video 360, and Campaign Manager 360
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: DBM, The Trade Desk, DataXu, Quantcast, Adobe, MediaMath.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups) and manipulation of data sets
- Basic programming, relational database, and SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong leadership skills; ability to set and communicate goals, measure accomplishments, hold team accountable, and give useful feedback; delegate and develop; keep people informed, and provide effective coaching
- Strong process design and optimization skills, with the ability to provide and document structure to scale seemingly ambiguous work – e.g., ability to look across a series of projects to find commonalities
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a get-it-done now start-up environment
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
Radancy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We actively work to create an inclusive environment where all of our employees can thrive.