Lead DevOps Engineer
When the world throws technology challenges at us, we eat them up. And then we ask for more. Welcome to life on the Radancy technology team. Here, you’ll work on our scalable, evolving platform, face tremendous software challenges, and work on projects for Fortune 100 clients. You'll be part of a fiercely collaborative technology team charged with creating digital solutions that are transforming the way employers and job seekers connect. That means contributing to high-traffic websites for a broad range of high-profile companies. Developing next-generation applications and products for some of the most recognized brands in the world. And actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies. All this in an environment that constantly challenges you to push beyond boundaries and enhance your expertise—with the support of a global team of industry experts. Sound like a fit for your talent and passion? Read on.
What does a great Senior/Lead Dev Ops Engineer do?
- Collaborate with our architecture, infrastructure and core CRM development teams to automate operations for the development teams
- Provide emergency incident response and investigation
- Build and develop self-service tools for activities such as provisioning test environments from scratch.
- Build scalable and resilient AWS cloud networks from the ground up using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Manage networking in a hybrid physical datacenter/cloud environment.
- Implement application and server monitoring and advise development teams on application instrumentation needs to support monitoring and capacity planning needs
- Develop build pipelines and release management/continuous integration plans from the ground up with tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, and Bitbucket.
- Provide expert knowledge in application containerization with Docker
- Troubleshoot failed builds and deployments, collaborating with the appropriate development team when needed
- Ensure the availability and recoverability of applications and can build out autoscaling / self-healing AWS application stacks using cloudformation or terraform.
- Orchestrate applications (We use Nomad and Kubernetes)
- Write code to automate the provisioning of new infrastructure (we use terraform and ansible)
- Willingness to research and implement continuous improvements to processes and technologies used and provide leadership and guidance in a lead role.
Requirements for consideration
- 3+ years experience in a Dev-Ops or SRE role. Lead experience is a major plus.
- 5+ years Linux experience (CentOS). A strong knowledge of Linux is essential.
- Expert networking knowledge required. Ideally has experience working in a hybrid colo/cloud environment. Docker overlay networking experience a major plus.
- Must be able to spin up an AWS VPC from the bottom up using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Strong scripting ability with a high-level language, preferably C# or Python.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure-level resources (networking, storage, I/O, compute) is necessary.
- Hands on experience with modern CI/CD deployment models, such as blue/green and canary, is a must. Should be able to write a deployment pipeline from the ground up.
- Experience with Hashicorp products (nomad, vault, terraform, consul, and packer) is a major plus
- Kubernetes (K8s) experience required. Must be able to spin up a new cluster from the ground up.
- Elasticsearch experience required. Our search functionality is built around Elasticsearch and we need someone who can take ownership of a large Elasticsearch cluster.
- Hands on experience working with Git
- Hands on experience with scripted pipelines in Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Expert knowledge containerizing applications with Docker.
This position will work remotely
radancy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We actively work to create an inclusive environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Work In Atlanta
Check out where you could be working.View Map of This Location
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
- Support Engineer Atlanta, Georgia, Germantown, Wisconsin, New York, New York
- Support Engineer Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, New York, New York
- UI Front End Developer Atlanta, Georgia, Germantown, Wisconsin, McLean, Virginia